Monday, July 21, 2008

Rain, Rain, go away

And it did. Thank goodness! There were some definite concerns on whether or not their would be any swimming for Saturday(7/5). Luckily it cleared up and didn't rain until much later in the evening. So there was lots of swimming. Here Olivia is pausing to get a drink. I believe she must have been pretending to be a horse/puppy. And in the one on the right, I'm not sure what she is doing but she reminds me of Gollum from LOTR. Freaky huh?
A lot of Dan's family came in that afternoon and a lot of the children swam while Dan and Julee got things ready for the cook out, and while others visited and held babies. Mom and Joe arrived around this time and were recruited for holding the baby(Mom) and prepping the food (Joe). Julee's "birthing partner" and her family came for the cook out too. I'm so glad we got to meet her, Erin, and her family. Such nice people.

It was all delicious. One of my favorite things we had was a soup that Dan's SIL, Mari, made. Gazpacho -- yum, yum, double yum! Julee past the recipe on to me and maybe I'll post it sometime? (Don't get your hopes up!)

This one was a little earlier in the day. Everyone wanted to "help" Ceseley with her bottle. I'm sure Will just wanted to jack the bottle. I love all the hands. So sweet.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! Now I'm really behind. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the weekend posted today. We'll see....