Monday, July 28, 2008

BUZZ

My new calling(responsibility) at church is Enrichment Night leader. That basically means I'm in charge of an activity every quarter for the women at church (Relief Society). Well a couple weeks ago was my first one. The theme was milk and honey and we talked about food storage with home canning and dry pack canning. One of the things I did was make a cake--a "Sweet Beehive Cake" mind you. It turned out pretty good. It didn't look just like the picture (like always), and I did it a little different as well. But most importantly it tasted good - according to Layla and Olivia anyway. I would definitely do a few things different but I doubt I will ever need to make a beehive cake again.

3 comments:

kinslowfamily5 said...

Lori I think you did an excellent job. I know everyone at my table was quite impressed with the cake. And all of the cute decorations. I am so glad that we have such a creative person in you. Thanks!!!And it was delice. I broke my diet for that cake it was so moist. Aprl

Anonymous said...

I think it turned out really cute! Way to go!

Unknown said...

April- Sorry about your diet, but I hope it was worth it! I break my diet because of the things I make all the time!