Sunday, July 20, 2008

On the 4th

We did some cookin' that morning. Ceseley and Will cooperated and slept quite a bit. Probably due to the late night they had previously had. We made several different yummy things. I gained a few pounds for sure while I was there.


We swam a little bit later and Will liked it better on this day. We let him sit on the first step and he seemed to like it a little better but still was very wary of getting any further in.

That evening we went to a cook-out. Some of Julee and Dan's friends from the ward had a get together and we tagged along. The food was very yummy. There was one appetizer with Asparagus and bacon wrapped around it-yum. There was also a fruit salad of some sort that had what tasted like Keebler Fudge Shop cookies in it. YUM! Not to mention the Lemon white chunk cookies and double peanut butter cheesecake swirled brownies that we brought. Oh MY! sooo good! If you want the recipes for those click here. Julee already has them linked so I'm just gonna be lazy and send you to her blog. Find the link and it should take you right to the recipe.

Ceseley and I in our Red White and Blue. I love this picture. She looks so alert and happy. It must have something to do with who is holding her.
I gave this piece of corn to Will so he could suck on it. I was shocked when I took it out of his mouth and some kernels were actually missing. Thankfully he didn't choke! Bad mommy! But such a CUTE picture!

Mandy and her girls got in that evening and they swam just a bit and did a few fireworks and then everyone went off to bed. It was a big day! I was reminded several times that day of how grateful I am to live in this land.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo, I noticed you only updated as far as I have. Does that mean you're waiting for me to post about the rest of the weekend so you can just link to all of MY hard work? Cheater, cheater, CHEATER! LOVE YA, but CHEATER! ;)

Unknown said...

Don't think of it that way. Think of it of how much I admire your work!

gretchen said...

You look so skinny Lori! Whoa nursing sure is working for you...if it's not nursing pass on the weight loss tips