Saturday, June 14, 2014

Scotland-Isle of Skye Day 2

We woke up bright and early to get started on the busy day of hiking we had planned. Karen, our host, made sure we were fed and knew where we were going, and sent us on our way with a packed lunch. We drove a ways to get to the the Fairy Pools. We had seen lots of pictures of the famed Fairy Pools, and we didn't want to miss out.  The scenery surrounding the pools was breathtaking, but the pools themselves were a bit of a disappointment, but maybe we came at the wrong time?? The pools were a lovely crystal clear turquoise-y color. The Cuillin Mountains in the background made up for the disappointment of the pools though. After we hiked for a few hours along the pools and up the base of the mountain, it was here that I realized looking down from way up doesn't bother me, but looking up and seeing the shear face of a mountain really makes me panic a little. Weird, huh.  We came back down and had our lunch and marveled at God's artistry.




















 We drove back over the Neist Point (beautiful drive...of course) which is the western most point of Skye with a famous lighthouse. It was all just as lovely and picturesque as it could be. Really wish we had had the time to see a sunset here.











Neist Point:





 I hated when he'd stand close to the edge. Serious heart palpitations.



I loved all the sheep! I missed my babies most on days I saw little lambs everywhere. 




 Oh, to be a sheep in Scotland. If reincarnation ends up being for real, I hope I get to come back as a sheep on the hillsides of Scotland...OR a really wealthy person who just gives to travel around the country and owns some sheep...yes, I think I would like that better.


Old and New











0 comments: