Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Progress

Ok, I have been wanting to update for a while, but we've been busy! I kept thinking I would have time but Julee is a master at keeping us busy! So now we are home and I have finally found a few minutes to give an update. It's actually pretty amazing what all we were able to get done during our stay. Julee's house is clean. Her laundry is caught up as well as Ceseley's. Her shopping is done(for the moment). Her flowers are planted. Lawn is mowed and seeded. Garbage disposal repaired. A laundry basket is stained. Ceseley's furniture is finally up and her clothes put away and all of her baby bedding in it's final resting place. And thanks to Mom, a few meals in the freezer. WHEW! My Grandpa Miller used to tell my Grandma that she could keep 40 strong men working around the clock. I'm pretty sure Dan believes the apple does not fall far from the tree. Julee gave us several list of what needed to be taken care of and I'm happy that we were able to help. It was fun, busy, and exciting stay, and we were sad to leave.

Now for Ceseley's report. Ceseley is doing better! She has been moved to the "intermediate" part of the NICU. She is still having some trouble regulating her body temperature and that affects her eating. She has been able to nurse and is doing really well with that. So now they are just waiting for her to keep that temperature regulated and hopefully she will be able to go home soon.

On Saturday night, me, Mom, and Will went down to see her. Mom went in first and helped feed Ceseley via holding her feeding tube up so it could drain properly while Julee held her. I went in after while she rested under the lights with her "shades" on. She looked much better I thought. She looked healthier and very dainty. Mom and Julee said that when the nurse mentioned feeding her, Ceseley stuck out her pinkie finger. What a little lady!

Julee sent some pictures that she has taken over the past week this morning. I thought I would post a few...


2 comments:

Haley Hale said...

I am so glad that she is doing well. My little William loved, loved, loved to lay under the heat lamp. He took a little longer than Jonathan to regulate his temperature- I think he just wanted to lay under the heat! And the eating thing-I never realized that could keep a baby in the NICU. That was what the boys had to get down before coming home. Hopefully she won't be there much longer! And, it was very nice of you and your mom to do so much for Julee and Dan. I am sure it was very much appreciated. Thanks for the update!

Jenny said...

We will keep them in our prayers. I hope she gets home soon. The NICU takes its toll on you emotionally and physically. Everyday feels like a week and every week feels like a month! Bless their hearts.

Your little one is beautiful!