Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Welcome, Little One

Monday morning we had a surprise delivery. Julee, my sister, had her little girl. She was born around 10 a.m. and weighed 5lbs 9oz. She is about 4 weeks early, but we are still excited she is here. Julee and Dan named her Ceseley Jane.
I decided to come to VA with Mom. We finally got here around 9p.m. on Monday. It was a long car ride with Will. He was sooo good though. He was very patient with Mom and me.

We stopped in Knoxville and had lunch with Blake and his girlfriend, Grace. Right before we stopped Will was making some interesting noises. Sure enough, when I pulled him from his car seat the evidence was all over his leg and part of his seat. It took quite a while to clean him up. Blake showed up and said, "Is he sick or something?" Fortunately he is healthy and the diaper was proof of that.

Since it was so late when we got to the hospital, we had to enter through the emergency room. I looked a mess and Will looked traumatized. Mom looked a little frazzled. We weren't sure what to do next but Mom received a visitor's pass. Since we had Will, only one of us could go up at a time. But before all that happened, while Mom was talking to the lady at the desk, Will and I were standing a little off and these 2 ladies came up and started talkin' about how cute Will was, which is perfectly fine. What Mom doesn't love to hear those things? But then they crossed the line. They started touching his hands and almost his face. Almost because I pulled him away a little bit and pulled the blanket tighter around him. Normally I wouldn't freak out so much but did I mention we where in the Emergency Room? I didn't know what they were there for, but I did know they were waiting to be seen. And they looked like very interesting (interesting is a generous description) characters no less. I grabbed the hand they had touched and headed to Mom for some sanitizer.

Then I stood afar off from everyone and waited for Mom to finish getting the pass. Well, one of the ladies then came up to me and asked me to come sit by her. I politely said, " No thank you." And prayed for Mom to hurry up. She finally did and I was able to go up first to see Julee. She kept Will for me and I surprised Julee. She didn't know I had come. I wasn't able to see Ceseley because she was in the NICU, and I wanted to hurry so Mom could go up.

On Tuesday, Mom and I cleaned Julee's house and did LOTS of laundry. Julee hadn't washed any of Ceseley's things because obviously she wasn't expecting her just yet. So I started that and am currently still working on that task, but I am happy to report there are just a couple loads left. Anyway, later that evening we went to see Julee and I was able to go into the NICU with her and hold Ceseley for just a minute. She is so tiny! and super sweet.

In the pictures, Ceseley has on an oxygen mask to help her breathe. The tube coming from her mouth is to pump air out of her stomach. It was hard seeing her that way and all the other little babies in the NICU. It was hard not to cry. Julee told me that I couldn't cry or she would lose it too. I did tear up a little while I was holding her but I kept it pretty hidden from Julee, I think? I hope.

Anyway, we are so happy she is here. Julee was able to come home today. Hopefully Ceseley will be able to join her very, very soon!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I have been checking and checking hoping to see some pics of Cesely. She is adorable! You are right, it is really disturbing to see her with the tubes, etc. Lucy and Rachel were 4 weeks early, but luckily were ready to be born and able to stay in my room and go home the next day.

Tell Julee congratulations from us!

Haley Hale said...

She is precious! Her whole story really hits close to home...The NICU experience can be really intense. When the boys were in the NICU it was hard but at the same time, I felt more reassured knowing that they were getting such good care and that they were constantly being monitored. Okay, this is getting really long. I could say so many things about our NICU experience, but I will stop now. Our congratulations to Julee and Dan-I bet they are so happy to have their sweet baby girl! Keep us posted on Ceseley's progress, if you can. Love to everyone!

Unknown said...

Cynthia- I can't imagine having to take a baby home day after they were born much less TWINS!

Haley- Julee has said so many times how when Ceseley does get home she won't be able to sleep for fear of her not being watched around the clock. She was joking (I think) saying that she and Dan would have to take shifts watching her breathe at night. It is good to know that she is in good hands.

gretchen said...

Congratulations to julee. I hope she is home now and all recovered! What a cute name.