Saturday, November 7, 2015

Another Year Older

Hard to believe I turned 32 this year. Wowza. I kept thinking I was only turning 31.

I made plans to get my haircut loooong overdue and to go and visit my Grandma Miller. I hadn't been able to get down to see her since she had fallen and been to the hospital and put in a nursing home on Halloween. She was asleep when I first got there so Mom and I went to the funeral home to see about some things, but when they weren't open we decided to get a bite to eat while we waited for Grandma to wake up.

I had a nice lunch with Mom at Gondola's while she caught me up on everything happening with G'ma. After we'd eaten and visited for awhile we went back to the Nursing Home. Sometime after we got there, Grandma woke up. I got to sit by her and talk to her about different things. She made sure I knew I was special and that Patrick and the boys were special too. My Aunt Agnes told her it was my birthday and asked if they should sing Happy Birthday to me. Grandma as weak as I've ever seen her agreed and they all sang to me, even Grandma. Mom recorded it. We were all in tears as we listened to her tender voice struggle to sing the words. That recording is so precious and priceless to me. I'm so very happy I was able to spend time with her today, to tell her I love her and feel her soft gentle arms and hands...this will probably be the last time on this Earth. So happy I could spend a short little while with her today.

I headed home around 4 and when I got home we ate some chicken tortilla soup that I had put in the crock pot before I'd left that morning. While I was gone, the boys made me a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. After our dinner they sang to me and we each had a slice. I am one lucky girl to have so much love in my life.




0 comments: