Sunday, October 12, 2008

Silence is a virtue

I am way behind.

There are several saved posts that I have started but not had time to finish yet. That's my same excuse with my journal too. I will begin writing and feel the need to write in every detail possible, because I'm always playing catch-up by at least a month. I have a hard time writing a complete entry at one time. I usually start by filling in the blanks since I last wrote, get distracted, and forget about it until....hmm...a month later. By that point I hardly can remember what happened and why I even felt the need to write it in the first place. It's frustrating, but it is the life I lead...

My posterity is gonna try to read through it and wonder if I was functioning at the normal level of normal human beings. That's if they even CARE to read it (if they are reading for the purpose of content). That's if I even leave it around for any of them to read! I'm not too keen on having them read over my poorly written entries and read through all my grammatical errors (notice all the errors in this sentence so far? not to mention the paragraph...) and try to even get a close idea of what I was I trying to convey. Plus I have a talent for embarrassing myself. No, I'm not sure I want those read.

I have a friend, who will remain nameless, (but her last name is a body part--kinda. Sorry, my love. [Ooh another hint!]) Any who. There was a time in her life that every time she made an entry in her journal it was usually concerning the love of her life at the time. Which I have never been guilty of. Anyway, it was quite an embarrassment to her. I think she did rip all those pages out or something. It's too bad. I would like to read over those and laugh. She is a pretty funny girl

Well it is obviously late, as I'm sure you can tell by the content of this post, so I need to head to bed. But I felt like I needed to write something. I'm not sure I will ever learn that "silence is a virtue" thing. But if you are still reading this you're obviously not interested much in content anyway.

So there you have it. You now more than likely know several new things about me.

1. I am horribly sleep deprived. 2. Grammar is not my forte -- I'm sure you are just now noticing. 3. My posterity is going to be embarrassed of me, and quite likely think I had some mental issues--I think I'm okay with that. 4. I do have 1 or 2 bad habits -- stay tuned...you are likely to learn more. 5. I am horrible at writing in my journal. 6. And maybe even a couple more that I am not aware of--please. no need to bring them to my attention.

In a nutshell, I may post some of those uncompleted posts very soon. Probably right after I finish writing in my journal...

By the way, do you keep a journal, and how do you feel about having others read your journal? Now or when you're dead and gone?

0 comments: