Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Good Choice

Will has just started to really take an interest in books. I have tried to read to him since he was born. (I did a lot of reading aloud while nursing-I didn't want him to feel ignored!). So the first thing he was probably read was the Ensign edition of General Conference. And since all he did in the beginning was eat, he got up-to-date on the October session pretty fast!

Anyway, as I am prone to do, last night at Walmart I began "looking" at things that were not on my list. I somehow ended up in the very back of the store, where I never go, and found 2 books that I thought Will might like. Since he and Patrick were with me, I let William pick out which book he wanted. The choice: Goodnight Moon or I Love You Through and Through. I don't think he even noticed Goodnight Moon. He grabbed for the other and the choice was made. And let me tell you, this kid knows what he likes! We read and reread and read some more...and more. He loves it. It is so cute to see him engaged like that. He even turns the pages (sometimes a little faster than I'm able to read).

Will is a definite believer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recommend! I just ordered it for C. Hopefully it will capture and hold her attention during our flight. Pray for us! :)

Don't forget...I still need book suggestions for Will.