Sunday, June 8, 2008

Long Time Gone

And I ain't commin' back again - kidding...Time for a quick update.

Sunday, May 18th -Patrick was called to be Elders Quorum President. I felt a little bit like Sis. Hinckley when she found out Presdient Hinckley was called to be an Apostle - "You?" (Disclaimer - I have an amazing husband. It was just quite a shock).

I also got the news on said date that I would be released from my calling of 3 years (primary president). I was shocked by President Meredith's phone call and all that it entailed. So my obvious reaction? Tears - lots and lots of tears. Joy? Sadness? Horror? Could be any body's guess.

Wednesday, May 21st -Began implementing sign language with Will. First signs we are working on; "mommy," "daddy," "diaper," & "all done." We aren't too consistent as of yet. But we are trying to remember to use the signs when we speak to him. We are doing better.

Friday, May 23rd - Baby Food Day. I love making Will's baby food. It is quite possibly my favorite way to cook. So easy, and I'm pretty sure I can't screw it up too badly. Super cheap too!

Week of May 25th-30th - Spent preparing for my last primary activity - children's talent show. As always kids were adorable and fun to watch. We had quite the variety show - singing, dancing, magic tricks, poetry, swords, baton twirling, guitar pickin' cute kids! I'm gonna miss 'em.


Week of June 1st-7th - Teething, fussy, tired baby. Will now has 2 teeth that he so graciously reminds me of quite often. We are working on "It's not okay to bite, Mommy." I need a sign for that. Wonder if slapping counts? Kidding, KIDDING! seriously kidding.

Sunday, June 8th - Officially released from calling and it feels g-r-e-a-t! Miss the kiddos - most of them anyway- again, kidding -kind of :)

Well, I think those are pretty much the highlights...until next time....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lori- we are going to miss you in primary!! I know you will do something great- but we will miss you!!

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

Sounds like you have been way busy. I like your blog design.

Thanks for stopping by and getting in on the giveaway. Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

So Lori.... you have been tagged, Check out my blog!!