Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Liv

This morning Will and I had a visitor. Cousin Olivia came over to play for a few hours. Will was pretty happy she was there, and Olivia was more than willing to try and help take care of "Baby William." When Will would spit-up, Olivia was quick to remind him that he didn't need to do that to his mom. And then she would tell me, "You gotta get rid a that bay ba!" It was pretty funny.


A little later while Will was napping, she and I went outside to play. She stayed pretty busy taking my picture with her plastic Disney Princess camera and talking on her Hannah Montana cell phone to Patrick. She paused for a moment to sit beside me on the deck and asked if I could identify all of the princesses on her camera case. I did, and when I got to the last one, Sleeping Beauty, she asked, "Why is she sleeping booty?" I told her, "No, not booty, beauty." She said, "booty" I said,"No. Beau, beau, beau," she said, "boo, boo, booty!" I gave up. I think sometimes its better not to try and correct them. It makes life so much more interesting and funny.


One more thing. When Mandy came to get Olivia, I told her, Olivia, that "someone is here." Olivia was laying sideways in the recliner and said very desperately, "Ohhh I hope it's Patrick!" She and Layla are quite taken with Patrick. He always plays with them and pays a lot of attention to them. When the rest of us get tired they can always count on Patrick to keep playing with them. Anyway, she was very disappointed to see her mother come through the door. Sorry, Mandy.

This picture was taken back in Februay. Olivia was singing "Hush Little Baby"

The girls had come over to play on the slippin' slide. Unfortunately they didn't bring swim suits so their clothes got wet and only Olivia had another clean shirt. Layla is wearing one of my t-shirts. This was actually taken in 2006. Just goes to show you that even after all the slippin' slide play, Patrick is still willing to entertain them. Last summer (2007), Olivia was on a "Best Friends" kick. She would hug you around the neck and say "Best Friends!" It was so cute and sweet. She is a major stinker but we can't help but love her! We love this picture. Olivia looks like the happiest girl in the world

0 comments: