Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Great Grandmas (& Pa's) Part 3

We spent New Year's day with Patrick's grandparents. We rarely get to seem them because they live about 2 hours away, and Will has had such a strict schedule in the past that added to the difficulty. It was nice visiting with them. And good to see them feeling so well. Last year when we visited they were in much poorer health. Granny Jones is just the sweetest. We woke up early and made the drive while the kids snacked on sausage balls, powdered doughnuts, and mandarin oranges. They thought that was fantastic. It took me back to the long trips we would take when I was little. Mom would almost always make sausage balls. One of the things I love about being a mom, is getting to share with my kids things I loved when I was little.




0 comments: