Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve

This year was the first year since Patrick and I have been married that we spent New Year's Eve at home. We spent the day just relaxing and playing. I read the book Patrick bought me for Christmas, Divergent, and cuddled with some cute kids. It was SO cold and cloudy outside so it made being lazy really easy. We made tacos for dinner with cheese dip and guacamole. YUM! It was just what we were craving after all the holiday food. We wanted to celebrate with the kids, but by no means wanted them to be up till midnight. I found the YouTube video of last year's ball drop, and we did a countdown with the kids and drank sparkling grape juice. The boys were pretty excited. Will shared with me that he thought the grape juice was "a little disgusting." Jack on the other hand couldn't get enough.We then played a few games and had them in bed by 8:00. It was perfect. We missed some of the fun we've shared with family in years past, but it was nice to be home and celebrate with just us.

I love this time of year and reflecting over all that has happened. This has been one of the best in the last couple. We have blessed by the addition of our smiley Samuel and how well Will is doing. Jack is such a character with facial expressions and a vocabulary to make anyone laugh. I love my thoughtful hardworking man. And we are HEALTHY!!! I'm such a lucky and {blessed} woman.

0 comments: