Friday, February 5, 2016

Let's Go Predators!

The boys got Predators tickets for Christmas. I would have never thought they'd be as excited about that as they were. I figured it would be too far away from Christmas for them to get too excited. But I was wrong.

Last night we went to the game. I was dreading it a little bit, because it's been a busy and stressful week, and I'm tired. waa. I wondered a few times what I was thinking back in December when I got them and thought I'd have plenty of energy. Ha. I convinced Patrick to pay for parking. We usually park at Nissan football stadium and walk over the pedestrian bridge. It's not very far, and I usually enjoy the walk. Last night though I knew it would be so late and cold(low 30's) and my back had been killing me all day. So we parked about a block away at the Country Music Hall of Fame. *Side note* I have got to go there! Also Sam was already cheering before we got out of the car. He loves him so Predators! "Woo!"

We got to our seats just before the game started. The boys had been asking earlier  if we could get drinks and snacks and stuff. I'm super cheap and so is Patrick so purchasing refreshments at sporting events don't go hand in hand for us. But I know that is part of the fun. We told the kids they could each spend some of their own money if they wanted snacks. They thought that was a great idea! I told them how much drinks and snacks cost. They said, "Oh, that's not expensive!" Spoken like freeloaders.  I tried to explain that actually it is. But they were confident they were right. I mentioned how they needed to be wise with how they spent their money or they wouldn't have any to spend and Jack assuredly said," I am. I don't want to starve at the game, so that's using it wisely!" 😂😂😂 That cracked me up! 

They gave us free bakery cookies which were delicious when we arrived. Sam and I waisted no time eating ours...Gotta feed the babies! And since it was so important to them and they used their money I feel I need to document what they bought;
Will and Jack bought Pepsi to drink,  Jack bought a popcorn, and Will bought Sour Patch Kids. 

The kids loved the game and watching the Jumbotron. Sam would snuggle up close anytime the crowd cheered really loudly. I loved watching my guys faces as they took in all the atmosphere. That has to be one of the best parts about being a mom, seeing genuine excitement through a child's eyes. Towards the end, a clip from Star Wars came on the Jumbotron. Sam and Jack both got really excited! Sam watched in awe Yoda and Luke Skywalker. And when the music started, oh dear! Sam held up his pretend lightsaber and started moving it around. It was ADORABLE!! Patrick and I were cracking up. The music quickly ended and Sam turned to me, nearly in tears and frowning and said, "I really like that song." It was so pitifully sweet! That alone was worth the ticket.  

We left the game a little after 9. Jack was getting waaaaay tired, we were losing, and we wanted to beat the traffic. Will wanted to stay, no surprise there, he's the energizer bunny. Sam was pretty pooped too. Jack led the way back to the car and I think the cold weather helped give him a little booster to get to the van as fast as he could. He usually whines and wants to be carried, but tonight he was so mature about it. Proud of him!

So happy we could do this fun thing together before baby arrives. One of our last outings as a family of 5.

 I had to include this one too. We had all gotten on the escalator, or so I thought, when Will standing at the top and smiling sweetly as we were descending says, "I'm a little nervous about getting on." Patrick walked back up the steps and helped him. That made me smile, and think back to how when I was little, I loved riding escalators but the getting on and off part always made me a little nervous, too.  I thought it was sweet and grabbed a not great picture of it. Glad I did, because I'd already forgotten about it by this morning.

0 comments: