Saturday, January 2, 2016

Crock Pot Hot Chocolate

Before Christmas, I had bought all the ingredients to make hot chocolate, hoping that on or right around Christmas we'd make some. We usually just buy the nestle mix and call it a day. But for something special I thought it might be fun. Until the past couple days the highs have been in the 60's and 70's so we weren't really feeling the need for hot chocolate. But today was COLD, about 42! and wanting to savor the last precious moments of everyone being home from school and work, I made it a point to mix it up as soon as I got out of bed. 

Patrick spent the day outside {brr} putting up a fence around a cave that has a pretty steep drop-off. It's been on the to do list for awhile, but you know how that goes. Will and Jack went fishing with Lane, Ella and Uncle Clinton at a pond just behind the house {brr again} and Sam and I stayed inside for most of the morning putting away Christmas decorations. We went out to help burn some brush Patrick had cleared out around the cave once the temperature had about reached the high.

The hot chocolate was waaaay too rich for me, but the kids loved it! They got to have a cup sometime around lunch and then after dinner that's what they chose for dessert. I must say it tasted better after several hours than it did when it was first "done." But still not a fan. I'll have to look for another recipe for special hot chocolate, I guess. I also made homemade whipped cream to top it off and that was delicious!








0 comments: