Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Will's 7th Birthday Letter

My Sweet Sweet William,

I always get teary when I write your birthday letters. You have had some hard challenges in your life, but you haven't let that hold you back! I love you so very much and am amazed by your hard work ethic and determination to accomplish things that are challenging for you.

You learned to swim this year and I know that was a challenge, but you stuck with it. That accomplishment paid off for all the hours you got to spend at the pool this summer.

You are an exceptional reader and you love to learn through reading.

You also love to try and teach Jack and Samuel how to do things. You are such a sweet big brother, especially to Sam. You came up with the nickname Hops for him and rarely call him Sam anymore. He has heard you say it so much he has started answering to that name now. I can tell you that a mother's heart is happiest when her children are loving and supporting each other. I hope as you grow older you find that what brings pure happiness, joy, and peace to our lives most in life is when we are taking care of one another, the way our Heavenly Parents intended.

This past year you have worked so hard on your hand writing. I know it has been hard for you. You get frustrated and sometimes want to give-up and give-in. But then you try again, and again, and again, and again. I hope you know that in those challenging moments and times during you life that you are enough. That I am rooting for you. That your Dad is pulling for you. That your brothers love and adore you. And that our Heavenly Parents and our Savior are ever mindful of you and your life, the good and the bad, the happy and sad, and the hard and the easy,  and They are close by watching and extending blessings at every opportunity. I hope you will stay close to Them. That you will know that they are close by and love you more than you or I can comprehend. Please pray to Him and seek His guidance often.

With all my heart I love you.  You made me a mother. Not just by your birth, but by the incredible love and patience you have helped to foster and create in me. I will forever be thankful for your part in that.

Your 1st grade teacher asked the parents to write a poem or a letter to each child and submit it. Here is what I wrote for you.

W ild and sweet, 
I 'm in for a treat.
L oving or 
L aughing,
I 'm kept on my feet.
A lways a smile on his face
M y William could never be replaced.

All my love,
Momma

0 comments: