Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Canyon Lake & Goodbyes

Mandy wanted to take us to Canyon Lake for our last day in AZ. It's way up in the mountains and some of the views are just incredible. It's about a 40 minute drive from their house. The kids had fun playing in the sand and the water and. Olivia was the only brave soul to try and swim, the water was a tad cold. Mandy packed a picnic for us and we enjoyed visiting in the perfect weather. It was just a beautiful day making the idea of having to say goodbye very soon really hard to think about it.





We had to snap a few pictures before putting the kids to bed.



Loved seeing Layla still sleeping with Bear. Reminded me of my sweet little Lay Lay. She has grown up way too fast. She wasn't feeling well and tried so hard to stay awake so she could hang out with me and Patrick, but fell asleep before we finished our packing. Love her so so much!!

Mandy showed me her kettlebell moves while examining mine. She convinced me it was time to move up in weights and generously gave me one of her 26lb kettlebells to get me started. 

We had such a wonderful visit with Mandy and her family. They were the best hosts and made us so comfortable. It was really hard saying goodbye the next morning. I'll never forget how tight Mandy and the girls hugged me. Poor Livy cried. It took all I had not to. I miss them all so, so much. It's too hard to be so far away from them, but I'm so thankful we were able to spend a few days with them. Miss them so much!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate goodbyes.