Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mr. Sandman

William sleeping is as good, or maybe even better than me getting my own sleep. It is in those short-lived moments of quietness that my hope is often restored.

When I was pregnant I saw video monitors that you could use to watch your children sleep. I thought that was pretty lame and boring. Now I understand the complete bliss in watching them sleep. I don't know what it is about children when they are sleeping that make them so irresistible.

Will has lately taken-up some peculiar sleeping arrangements lately....

On this particular check-in, I found he had pushed all his blankets together so he could sit up and sleep at the same time.

I heard William crying a bit more and louder than usual on this occasion. When I was certain he was asleep, I went in and found him like this. His leg had slipped through the crib slats. I laughed to myself and ran to get the camera. I took a few shots and then went to remove his leg from the awkward position. It was quite snugly stuck. I laughed and then felt really guilty and wondered what in the world I was going to do. After some aggressive maneuvering, I was able to free the chubby leg. He did unfortunately wake up, give me a few mad cries at being disturbed, and some very unpleasant grimaces before nuzzling back into his sheets for a deep sleep.
Notice the scratches in the wood? That's from teething. They are everywhere! So glad we didn't get a fancy-schmancy crib!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ceseley likes to sleep on a mound of blankets, too. I think it's so cute! I have her bumpers still on the crib, though, so she hasn't managed to have any limbs escape--it's not for lack of trying, though. :)

Poor little Will!

Lindsey said...

He must be a great sleeper:) I love those pictures!