Saturday, September 13, 2014

Jack's 5th Birthday Letter

Happy Birthday, Jack!

Another year has passed and you are still continuing to add joy and laughter to my days. If anyone can make me laugh, it's you.  We still have our battles between what I think and what you want, but for the most part we balance each other out pretty well.

You are such a smarty pants!! and have a super quick wit! I'm amazed at how quickly you grasp new ideas and you love, love, love to learn and understand why things are the way they are. And when you ask and we don't have the answer you are quick to try and logically think your way through it, and why it must be the way that it is.

You have a heart that is sweet and tender and thoughtful. You often think about others and how you can make them happy and feel included. This makes me so proud!

I love you to pieces and love hearing you laugh...it's contagious, and the sounds of it always makes me smile or laugh along with you.

Your temper is definitely something to be reckoned with, and I hope and pray you are able to learn how to compromise a little better in this coming year.

You love to sing and you are quite the entertainer (when you don't get embarrassed or shy).

I'm so happy and so thankful to be your Mommy. I know you love me dearly and remind me of myself and how I felt about my mommy when I was little. I didn't want her out of my sight!! Will sometimes says he wishes I had a job where someone else would watch y'all while I was at work. But not you!! You want to keep me near and dear, always! It feels good knowing I'm loved so much by you.

You have done a good job of trying to have courage and try new things this year like starting preschool, learning to swim, and ride a big boy bike, going to your primary class all by yourself. I am so proud of you, because I know new things can be scary. But they can also be so much fun! I'm proud of you and I love you!

I don't know how I got so lucky to be your Mommy?? Better not to question it, but just enjoy the ride!!

All my love,
Mommy

0 comments: