Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Will Turns 6

I asked Will several times what he wanted to do for his birthday. Every time he would say, "stay home." I suggested a few other ideas, but he wouldn't budge. I think it was because he wanted to open his presents as soon as possible and he thought if there were other things happening he might have to wait longer. He requested whoopie pies to share with his friends at school. He loved having his brothers there to show them to his friends. We checked out early, and he loved that! He asked for a bulldozer cake which surprisingly was pretty simple, and looked, I think pretty cool, and once we scraped off all the black frosting, tasted pretty good, too. We ordered Will's favorite, PaPa Johns, and he opened presents.
Whoopie Pies
My brown eyed boy
A firetruck for my favorite firefighter.


Can't believe he's 6!




William,

You are growing up so fast. I am not ready for you to be 6! You are a sweet boy with a kind heart. You love to make others laugh, and you want everyone to be happy. You love music and you love it LOUD! You also love to be loud. Jack is your best friend and I hope and pray that it always stays that way. I love watching you play and get a long with each other.  I especially love when I see you helping him and doing things for him. I think you would kiss Samuel all day long if you could. You have always loved babies, and you especially love him! You try very hard to do your best and I am pleased to see all the things you are already accomplishing and the things you are still working hard to learn how to do. Sometimes you get frustrated really quickly when you don't learn something right away. I know you just want to please me, Daddy, and yourself.  I've noticed recently you trying harder to stay calm and be ok with learning how to do something before getting upset. You have been learning how to read and I am so proud to get to hear you do it everyday. I love seeing your face light-up when you finally learn how to do something you've really been practicing. It is a serious high for me. I live to see that look on your face and light in your eyes. I'm proud of how hard you work on being the best you you can be. I love you so much that sometimes I think I could burst. You are continuously teaching me how to be a better me. I am so happy you are my William, and that I will forever be your Mommy.

Love,
Mom

A Few Favorites
Movie: The Incredibles, Iron Giant, Despicable Me
Songs: Gethsemane, Wagon Wheel, Veggie Tales Songs, Little Einsteins CD
Shows: Paw Patrol, Octonauts
Play: bike rides, pretending to be a construction man/fireman, sand box, wedgits, legos, puzzles, Ipad
Places: Nonna and Pa's--more specifically Pa's barn, Pensacola Beach, Cracker Barrel, Grandma and Papa Hitchcock's.
Food: Pizza, hot dogs, peanut butter and honey sandwiches, Cheetos, Ice cream, chocolate oatmeal cookies, bread, cereal....loathes vegetables, and has recently decided he no longer likes milk...unless it's chocolate.
Books: Stuck, Skippy Jon Johns, Tip Tip Dig Dig, Goodnight Construction Site
Sayings: It's not so much what you say that's funny, but how you say it. Now that you are in Kindergarten and around other children, I am really starting to hear that Southern accent come out. You can be a big goofball. You think potty talk is hilarious!!! Your mom (mostly) doesn't.


0 comments: