Saturday, September 21, 2013

Jack's Birthday Cake

After our aquarium trip, we went back to Mom's and Joe's. We invited Bryce's family to come have birthday cake with us. Jack almost always makes me stretch myself creatively, which isn't hard to do. He asked for a hammer head shark cake. Sigh. Not wanting to disappoint this little boy, who at the moment, thinks his mom can do anything, I went to my BFF pinterest and got some good tips. It turned out better than I expected. One of my favorite little touches was how the layers and icing on the cake changed colors the farther down you went, just like the ocean! Another little tip I got was to make the shark from red velvet cake. That way when you cut into it, yeah. Boys love that kind of stuff! It was a lot of fun to make, but I made the mistake of not letting it unfreeze in the refrigerator, so by the time it was time to eat it, it had sweated a lot and looked really...wet--just like the ocean! :) Also, another thing I don't want to forget: Jack was SO excited to show Baylor his cake. Baylor is a fellow shark lover.
 I'm a little bummed how my pictures turned out. I had just gotten my own little present, a new lens, but had no clue how to use it. They were much more blurry than what I meant for them to be.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool cake. Cool props. Cool kids.