Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jack's Two

We threw Jack a little party on his birthday. We went to Cason Trail Head Park and ate Jack's most requested meal: pizza. We also had a Cookie Monster Cake, made by me that didn't look quite as cute as the picture, go figure. But Jack was impressed. :) When it was time for presents, Jack finally got what he'd been begging for pretty much all summer, a bike like Will's, and a helmet. He made sure that when ever he'd ask for a bike, that meant he wanted a helmet too. He was very excited when he saw his very own bike, but quickly noticed there wasn't a helmet with it and pouted. Once he opened up the next gift (helmet), he forgave us and immediately wanted to wear it.

Jack is such a joy to be around (most of the time). He is very animated and has one of the sweetest looks about him. A word of caution: it can be very deceiving. He is a bit mischievous, but always quick to say his sorry whether he means it or not, and even if it's not even his fault! He has a very sweet laugh and talks or sings almost non-stop.

Favorites….
  • Books (this is tough because you have LOTS of favorites): Moo Baa La La La, What's New on the Farm, Good Morning Farm, Firefighters to the Rescue, But No Elephants
  • Songs (Primary): I Am a Child of God, Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam, I Love to See the Temple, Roll Your Hands, 
  • Songs (Other): Baby Mine, How Long Do You Wanna Be Loved, Special to Me, Wheels on the Bus, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes, I See the Moon, Godspeed Sweet Dreams, Old MacDonald, Hush Little Baby, Fire Truck.
  • TV Shows: Bubble Guppies, Peppa Pig, Curious George, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Train.
  • Videos: Tangled, The Incredibles, Baby Macdonald, Baby Signing Time.
  • Food: Pizza, Peanut Butter and Jelly or Banana, Gravy and Biscuit, Waffles, Eggs, Salad, Steamed Broccoli.
  • Activities: Reading/looking at books, pretending Daddy/Mommy is a lion, Hide-n-Seek, Playing in the Sandbox, Playing with Will, "Diggers," Putting the train together and then destroying it  (the same goes for building with blocks).
  • Places: Library, Publix, Playground/Park, Church but not to "pimare-e"(that's what you call nursery), Nonna and Pa's, Rocky River, Wal-Mart.
Some of our favorite things you say…
  • “Scue me”  – Excuse me
  • “I'm Jack Rynan an an” I'm Jack Ryan
  • "Sorry Wee" - Sorry Will
  • “Need my help.” I need your help
  • “Hey ant! Get out my house!” Very possessive of your surrondings. Yells this at anything or one trespassing on what is or he supposes to be his.
  • “Love me.” Love you.
  • “Mom, I miss me." - miss you
  • "I do it." or "I help."
Jack Ryan,

We love you so much! You keep us laughing and on our toes. "Life is truely twice as good since you came along!"

1 comments:

DCM/JTM said...

Sure love this little guy!