Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Brave Little Blue Engine

Will sprained his ankle last night and has said some things I don't want to forget.
  • After trying to walk on it and deciding he couldn't he announced that, "It really hurts. I just need to put some Vaseline on it."
  • While he was feeling pretty sorry for himself all cuddled up to me on the couch he said, so pitifully, "I wish I had a friend." I said, "I'm your friend! What do you think I am?" He looked at me awkwardly and said, "Well...yeah...but...I just miss Baylor and Kyndal." Nice cover up.
  • After deciding this morning when he first tried to push his big trucks around that he wouldn't be able to play so rowdy he said, "I just can't play anything!"
  • Then my favorite. After I gathered up several toys around him to play with, including trucks I heard him say "ouch" a few times followed by, "I think I can...I think I can." I'm not a fan of the The Little Engine that Could book because it's so long and boring. Majorly boring. But that made it worth the hundreds of times he has requested it and I've not been able to persuade him to another choice  lovingly complied, worth it. Good to see he's caught on to the message.

2 comments:

DCM/JTM said...

Glad to know that the next generation understands the importance of that all-purpose-cure-all: Vaseline :)

Julee said...

In our house, it's lotion. Lotion cures just about everything. :)

Love the cute sayings. Glad you preserved them for posterity.