Monday, October 4, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

  I was cleaning bathrooms at record speed when the thought came to me, "Will and Jack are playing so nicely together today." Realizing what I was thinking, I stopped cleaning to make sure they were both still breathing. That's when I found this:
Apparently, while I had been cleaning they had been "doing firefighter work" as Will put it. Then in one of my shinning moments as a  mother, I (now regretfully) said, "William, you are not a firefighter." He looked at me as if I'd just broken his heart and simply said,"Mommy?" I felt like dirt. I Immediately apologized for my comment and told him he was a terrific fireman but to stay out of my fireplace!! The harm was already done though. The styrofoam logs that we hadn't planned on using now we definitely couldn't because they were broken. There was also some nice charcoal-y colors smeared into the almost white carpet. Boys...

0 comments: