Monday, February 8, 2010

Whew


I think I'm finally safe to say, we did it! We made it through Potty Training. The first couple days were pretty rough, but by the 5th and 6th we had made lots of progress. Around day 14 I finally was able to convince him to poo in his potty. We bribed him with new Thomas the Train underwear, a Maglite flashlight, and a bowl of ice cream. After a couple weeks he finally started to tell me when he needed to go. And we have now been accident free for a week! I'm really hoping announcing it to the world does not jinx us in some way. So now I no longer have to clean up dirty 2 yr old diapers, I just occasionally step in urine that didn't quite make it into the toilet...nice.

3 comments:

DCM/JTM said...

You should have a big celebratory dinner and invite Nonna . . .

Janel said...

GREAT NEWS! It was so good to talk to you today. I am so happy for Patrick and the new job. Let me know how the house hunting goes.

Unknown said...

Way to go, Will! Good job, Mom! Love the undies!