Monday, August 8, 2011

Sunday morning really seemed to be a promising day. Will had seemed to rest well and was running around and playing with Jack. Sometime during Sharing Time Gospel Instruction something changed. It was pretty much downhill from there.

I was very tired myself after church so I laid down to take a nap with Will. When he and I woke up he didn't say much but smiled some. He spent the rest of the evening playing with Thomas the Train and his train set. We could see the seizures increasing. Mostly myoclonic. His hands jerked and occasionally a whole arm, head or leg would move. By the time bedtime came around it was close to constant jerking. I read him a book and he immediately teared up at the thought of being left alone. I told him I'd stay with him till he fell asleep. I held his hand and was shocked by how many jerks I felt...2 hours and hundreds of jerks later, Will finally fell asleep.

"I need Daddy to give me a blessing." Huh? "I need Daddy to give me a blessing!" Oh. Ok. I quickly hopped up to get Patrick who had fallen asleep on the couch. It was a little after midnight. Patrick quickly got up and gave Will a blessing. I only half heard what he said as my mind was reeling over the fact that my 3 1/2 year old was demonstrating a form of faith. Faith in the Lord? Or in his dad? I'm not sure. Maybe both. After the blessing was over, Will asked Patrick to sleep with us. A queen size bed is most definitely not big enough for 3. Somehow though we all managed to sleep.

0 comments: